Strong performance of Sunds Fibertechs mechanical steam separators (EVOfuge), in Eastern Europe and in China, both in operations for more than 6 months. East Europe reference achieved steam savings 3 t/h on fiber production 35 t/h, with payback less than 5 months. In Anhui Jiahe, China, MDF plant, achieved steam savings is 2 t/h on fiber production 23 t/h, with payback less than 7 months.
The purpose of EVOfuge is to reduce fresh steam consumption in the Refiner system. The patented steam separation bend is installed as part of the blow line. The EVOfuge is maintenance friendly as the bend has no moveable parts and the new generation 2 EVOfuge is equipped with a replaceable outer and inner bend.
This means that the mill can return recycled steam to the process, thus reducing the need for fresh steam. The installed EVOfuge is of generation 2 and the MDF plant Payback time is~ 5 months (Eastern Europe) and ~ 7 months (Anhui Jiahe, China).
Results: Eastern Europe
• EUR 1 200 per day in savings
• About 67 tons of steam is recycled per day using the EVOfuge
Results: Anhui Jiahe, China
• 100 % Steam needed steam to preheat the chips in surge bin is re-circulated from the EVOfuge, reaching 90° C
• Refiner and fiber dryer production has increased significantly by using EVOfuge
• EUR 700 per day in savings
• About 45 tons of steam is recycled per day using the EVOfuge
No changes have been noted in the quality of the final product. Neither has any increase in resin consumption been observed.
Facts MDF plant:
• Fiber production maximum of 35 t/h
• Product: Thin HMDF panels
• Green field installation started up in September 2018
• Fiber production maximum of 23 t/h
• Product: MDF/Flooring panels
• Andritz refiner, Sunds Fibertech Dryer, EVOfuge and Resin system, Pressline SWPM
For further information, please contact us directly or via your local Sunds Fibertech representative.