MAT PREHEATER PressBooster
What alternatives are there to increase press line capacity?
To increase the capacity in your press line, there are mainly two options:
- A press extension. With a long press, you can run it faster and maintain the time in the press. This usually implies high investment costs and time-consuming activities.
- Increasing mat temperature before the press and by doing that, the press needs a shorter cycle time, and the operation can run faster. There are two main ways to increase the mat temperature:
– With a microwave or RF unit.
– Through steam use.
What does Sunds Fibertech use to increase press capacity?
At Sunds Fibertech we all believe that the best alternative to increasing press capacity is to use a mat steam preheater.
How does the preheating technology used by Sunds Fibertech work?
The preheating technology works by injecting steam into a fiber mat, both at the top and at the bottom until reaching a temperature of 100 °C. this process shortens the time required on the press line and the operation will gain a substantial capacity increase.
What are the benefits offered by Sunds Fibertech PressBooster?
- Sunds Fibertech can provide at least a 10-30% capacity increase without any further downtime.
- It can be used for both new and existing installations.
- Easy adaptation to existing lines.
- Installed head-to-head to press.
- Improves density profile.
- Robust and maintenance-friendly.
- Based on proven reference technology with improved design and functions.
Why is Sunds Fibertech the market leader in this segment?
Sunds Fibertech has a very effective steam injection into the fiber mat, reaching 100 °C which provides a high press capacity increase. We also have a special design and are the only ones able to position the press booster just in front of the press nip. This means that the temperature is preserved until it reaches the press.
Can the mat pre-heating be used with MDI resins?
How quickly does the return on investment for the Sunds Fibertech PressBooster happen?
Considering a 20% capacity increase, the return on investment can be achieved in approximately 6 months.