Blowline Audit is a set of measurements, inspections and analyzes that ensure the best performance of the blowline.
- Documentation of conditions and recommendations.
- Maximum capacity.
- Minimum resin consumption.
- Minimum maintenance needs.
- Better board quality.
- Related products
The resin system is an integrated part of the blowline. A good-function resin and blowline system will reduce or eliminate the risk of build-ups, securing optimal mixing and optimizing the use of resin. Several factors are affecting a good function system, like transport velocity, blowline design (length and configuration), resin properties, resin amount, resin injection, resin distribution, and velocity.
By combining CFD simulations with experience from hundreds of blowlines we can design a blowline for optimal performance. Our simulations are based on real experience.
Blowline pressure and velocity are the base for optimizing the system. A correct velocity and pressure in different parts of the blowline are crucial. When designing a blowline, it must be high enough velocity to prevent build-ups in critical sections of the blowline. At the same time, there must be correct conditions after the resin system to ensure the best mixing and resin distribution.
Extension of Services
A blowline audit service includes:
- On-site information collection.
- Mass balance calculations.
- 3D-modeling of existing blowline.
- CFD analyze.
- Layout and detailed drawings of the new blowline.
Examples of blowline areas to focus:
- Capacity optimization.
- Resin optimization.
Our recommendations and time tables
- Recommended service interval: On-demand.
- Duration of on-site service: 2 – 4 days.
- Shutdown time: 4 – 8 hours.
End product (MDF, PB, OSB, WHB)